Awarded pip but confused

More
7 years 5 days ago #188193 by Wadsworth
Replied by Wadsworth on topic Awarded pip but confused
Hi
Sorry to ask again I am very confused
1. I had my f2f and requested the Medical Assessment report from the f2f
2. We were lucky as the report cam b4 the DWP initial decision
3. Has we had both the Report and DWP Decision used your Submission forms ready to submit
4. We requested a Mandatory Reconsideration and used your Submissions to help us specify which descriptors we felt applied along with other anomalies and sent them off.
5. We have received the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice and the Decision Maker has backed up the Initial Medical report and Decision Maker very sparsely and has not really addressed the points we made them aware.
6. We are now having to fill the SS1SC form in for appeal , as we have already done these submissions but added more information with respect to the Mandatory Reconsideration can we send these in with the initial SS1SC form.
7. Am I right in thinking once the Tribunal has notified the DWP of the appeal they the have 28 to send in their submissions and the Tribunal then sends all the information to me.
8. do we then have 28 days to reply from the date of their submissions to re address any more points if we can!
Really sorry to have to ask all this again we keep reading your guidelines and it is not sinking in.
Many Thanks Mr Frog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 days ago #188201 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Awarded pip but confused
Mr Frog

Your notes are correct with the exception of (8), although this is technically correct the Tribunal Service will in fact accept documentation up to seven days before the hearing.

And for (6) I would wait until you have seen all of the information from the DWP before submitting your own information, it can diminish your claim if you have to correct information that you have already submitted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wadsworth

More
7 years 4 days ago #188298 by Wadsworth
Hi Gordon
Had a bit of a break but we are ready to fill in the SS1SC form to the Tribunal
What and how much detail do we need could you guide us please.
We are disputing
Disputed scores Daily Living Activities
Preparing food, Washing and bathing, Dressing and undressing,
The above 3 we are disputing they say I can use aids, I am disputing that I need help and Assistance because of my health condition
Managing your treatments
They say I need no help I am disputing I need a Dosette loaded for me because of the many tablets I take at different times due to the side effects and tablets looking the same in the past I have taken too many or incorrect causing problems
Disputed scores Mobility Activities
Moving around
They are saying that I can walk 20 metres to 50 metres. But in my claim pack I stated I could walk less than 20 metres and could definitely not do this repeatedly and in a timely manner and would have to take medication and rest. I arrived on a mobile scooter and explained my difficulties with walking as above. The Assessor has stated this in the medical report but she has still recommended I can walk 20 - 50 metres, The DM has backed her up but at no point did the assesor see me walk. Also old and new evidence from my GP and consultant note I have limited walking capability due to my health condition that is not going to improve.
Hope you can guide me

More
7 years 4 days ago #188308 by Gordon
Mr Frog

You only need to give basic reasons on the SSCS1, you can prepare a more detailed submission while you wait for the DWP submission, so for example; stating that you believe that you submitted sufficient testimony and evidence to show that you require assistance rather than aids for each of the activities should be sufficient.

There's a list of suitable aids against each activity in the PIP Claim guide, make sure that you understand the relevance of the aid and then explain why you would be unable to use it. Remember the use of "reliably" and "on the majority of days" where applicable.

To score for the dosette box you will likely need to show cognitive or memory problems. It's important to establish a need for the box rather than it being a easier way to organise your medicines.

What is the assessors justification for the distance? Have they been able to use other things that you do, even if they have done so incorrectly, to justify the distance, for example shopping or even visiting the GP or hospital?

What evidence do you have to show that your walking is limited to less than 20m? Remember the test is stand and move, do you have problems with the former.

Can you give empirical evidence to support the distance, what walking do you do indoors, how far is the toilet from where you usually sit? How often do you use the stairs? Do you stand in the shower?

Unfortunately the bottom line is that you may have to go to appeal for someone to look at your problems objectively.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #190359 by Wadsworth
Hi There
I have just received my Bundle of paperwork from the DWP prior to the Tribunal could you please confirm how long I have got to write my submission before the Tribunal hearing
I assume the Tribunal will have received their bundle and will arrange the tribunal date for me now
. I just want to clarify how long I have to send in my response and any further evidence did I read in your literature that I can send this information up to 7 days before the tribunal date.
Thank
Mr Frog

More
6 years 11 months ago #190372 by Gordon
Mr Frog

You should have a minimum of four weeks to make your submission.

If you have opted for a Paper hearing then you need make sure that all of your papers are with the Tribunal Service by then as you will not be informed of the hearing date.

If you have opted for an Oral hearing, then the reality is that you can continue to submit further information up to seven days before the hearing, but I would try and keep it to one posting if you can.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.