× Members

PIP and A Huge Thank You

More
6 years 9 months ago #193859 by ##Paulie01
Replied by ##Paulie01 on topic PIP and A Huge Thank You
Hi Gordon,

This is an update regarding the saga with my request for copies of documents and a copy assessment report.

My copy documents have at last arrived and I'm very relieved. I've also received a copy of an assessment- PA4. This however relates back to 2015 to my F2F for my first PIP claim.

I've discussed this with DWP and they've confirmed that when an AR1 is submitted with supporting documentation, the DM when possible will use this and the previous PA4 to make their decision without the need for a F2F.
Therefore there won't be any assessment report that can be requested. This has now cleared up their process for me and obviously stops me worrying about obtaining a report that doesn't exist.

I hope this information may be helpful to others who are going through the PIP renewal process.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193878 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and A Huge Thank You
Judith

I've emailed the office about this, I don't think this is correct or at least is not the case in all reassessments. The Decision Maker is not medically trained so I struggle to understand how they can make a medically based Decision on the AR1 and the previous PA4, unless the claimant has reported no change and the DM did not seek medical advice.

Did you have a face to face? If you did then there has to be a report, if you didn't then it may be covered by the scenario above.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193908 by ##Paulie01
Replied by ##Paulie01 on topic PIP and A Huge Thank You
Hi Gordon.
I'm sorry, I think we're at crossed purposes and this may be down to me not explaining myself clearly.

The process I have gone through was as described in B&W guidance.(under the AR1 review form- what happens when you return the form)

The DM compared my new evidence/info against evidence from the previous assessment (including the PA4) and made his/her decision without me needing a F2F.

Thank you

More
6 years 9 months ago #193933 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and A Huge Thank You
Judith

I do understand what you said :)

We have concerns over how the reassessment process is being done with the AR1 form. It may be that in your case there was no need for the DM to seek medical advice, but as they are not medically trained it would be an issue if they are making Decisions about medical matters.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.