× Members

Almost 9 million claimant bank accounts to be put under continuous surveillance

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285954 by tickingclock
What does the CAPITAL limit mean in our bank accounts? from the quote - "Initially the DWP say that they will use their powers to oblige the UK’s top 15 banks to monitor the accounts of all means-tested benefits claimants and report every time an account goes over the capital limit"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285972 by Chris
Hi tickingclock,

It's to do with the savings limits.
Under £6,000 - full benefits
£6,250 to £16,000 - you lose £4.35 for every £250 over the £6,000 savings you have
Over £16,000 - No benefit entitlement

Also, from having mine done - they check everything, bank accounts, savings, ISA's, Govt Help 2 Save, Bitcoin, Bonds etc
I also heard from others that they checked their Paypal account also.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobbie, tickingclock

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285974 by Gordon
t

For clarity, it is £6001 to £16,000.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, tickingclock, Chris

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285975 by tickingclock
Hi Chris
My disabled daughter has a bank account where her ESA and PIP go but as she has learning difficulties I transfer all that money every month into my Bank account . Would the DWP look into my bank account as well if they see her money being transferred regularly?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285977 by freddey
hi,
i get enhanced both on pip and pension credit what is my limit please ?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285981 by Tuliptrees
I take it they will be writing to each of us asking for permission to do this and also when and how often they intend to breach our human rights?
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath, denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.