× Members

Almost 9 million claimant bank accounts to be put under continuous surveillance

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286019 by fibrofred
Sorry for piggy-banking on this query but I just wanted some clarity. I know this is to do with Means Tested benefits only but how would the bank know the difference for example in ESA Contribution Based which isn't means tested and ESA Income based which is?

Many thanks
Freda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286024 by Gary
Hi fibrofred

You have asked the 6 million dollar question, the answer is, I have no idea as we have not yet been given any details how they will put this into operation and then there is an election coming up so things may change.

All I can say is watch out for our free newsletter, B&W will let members know when we have more information.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fibrofred, Chris

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286039 by Chocolady
A workers rights group has started a petition about this and the only way it will stop, seeing as only 51 opposition mps opposed this, is if the politicians see how strongly people feel about it as they are trying to get these amendments passed on the QT with minimal scrutiny. I suggest anyone who feels able signs the “Organise” petition and writes to their mp and if you feel able contributes to its distribution. In my honest opinion its the only way this will be stopped.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286066 by Chris
Hi Chocolady,

Is it one of 38degrees petitions ? I'd like to sign it also.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286096 by tickingclock
Hi Gordon

My disabled daughter has a bank account where her ESA and PIP go but as she has learning difficulties I transfer all that money every month into my Bank account . Would the DWP look into my bank account as well if they see her money being transferred regularly?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286116 by Gary
Hi tickingclock

Who knows, but I would not be surprised if there is a link from one account to another.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.