× Members

Almost 9 million claimant bank accounts to be put under continuous surveillance

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285982 by Chris
Hi Gordon,

I had always put £6,001 but was told from someone at the jobcentre that it was £6250 because it doesn't come into effect until the first £250 after the £6,000. I thought this was weird at the time, but after they told me, I started correcting what I'd wrote, but you'll see by other posts I've done on the same topic, that I had always wrote £6,001. No wonder I get so confused at times, so many different people tell you so many different things. It's scary when people who work for the DWP don't actually know the rules, but I'll go back to £6,001 again now.

Cheers, Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285983 by Chris
Hi tickingclock,

They did with me with a payment that I lent someone £1,000 before, but the other person refused as they work and said it was none of the DWP's business, however I did prove at a later date that I got the cash back and put it back in the bank. Some people make up rules to suit themselves, I'm sure. It's so confusing these days what's right and wrong.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285984 by Chris
Hi Tuliptrees,

I somehow very much doubt it - It's the tories were talking about here :(

Regards, Chris.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285987 by Painter84
How they are going to have the staffing to regularly check every benefit claimant's bank account I really don't know! They already have the power to do so if there is a suspicion of fraud etc.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #285997 by BIS
Hi Freddey

According to age UK, Pension Credit has no savings limit. However, if you have over £10,000 in savings, this will affect how much you receive. www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/mone...ments/pension-credit

BIS

Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freddey

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286014 by Andrew
Hi Painter84,
From what I`ve read on here (I`ve not seen any news articles), DWP won`t be permanently watching every account; what they are going to do is ask banks to watch accounts of those in receipt of means tested benefits. If their accounts exceed a certain amount, the bank is to inform DWP.
The important thing here is I`ve paraphrased what I`ve read in this forum.
Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.