× Members

Strange Phone Call!

More
2 months 1 week ago #287899 by dan123
Strange Phone Call! was created by dan123
So I had my PIP assessment a couple of days ago. I think it went ok and it was finished my Midday. I waited the 48 hours before ringing DWP to request a copy of the Health Assessor's report and the conversation went as follows,

Me - Hi, im just ringing to request a copy of my PA4 health assessment.
DWP - We haven't received it yet, how long ago did you have the assessment?
Me - Tuesday morning.
DWP - You will need to call back next week to see if we have it by then.
Me - Oh that's strange. Im informed that the assessor sends you the report within 48 hours of doing it.
DWP - Don't know about that but that could be 48 working hours!!! Best you ring back next week. :lol:

Now clearly she was wrong about that but I didn't argue the point as she said she didn't have the report. I haven't received a text either to say they have the report. I understand it may have gone to Audit but my questions are

1) Does anybody have any experience of it taking longer than 48 hours if it hasn't gone to Audit?
2) If when I call back next week they still haven't received it then who should I contact to see where it is? Would I contact IAS or would they just tell me to contact DWP?

I'm just worried that it could get lost in the system never to be found and I lose my claim.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287912 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Strange Phone Call!
Hi dan123

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

We have heard on the forum where it has taken a few weeks, the norm is 48 hrs, quite often a claimant will receive a text message from DWP informing they have received the report but not always.

IAS will tell you to contact DWP, usually as soon as the assessment is completed it is electronically sent to DWP, unless it has been sent to be audited .

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dan123

More
2 months 1 week ago #287916 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Strange Phone Call!
Dear dan123, please keep on calling as often as you can manage, don't wait till next week or anything they say to delay and fob you off. Call until you are told both that they have received it, and that they will send a copy out to you. [Don't waste time if you gat another sticky one, thank, hang up, try again]
-If this does not arrive in say 3 days, please call again and very politely say you believe it has been lost in the post, please will they send another copy for you.
These are the reasons:
Many DWP people do not believe you are entitled to it, but will avoid confrontation on the call by saying anything vaguely plausible but not then sending it.
- If it does get sent from assessor to DWP, you want to know how many days after the assessment this did happen, as you can challenge the accuracy as necessary, on the basis that it was sent after [X] days and therefore is not fit for purpose because the assessor may have 'misremembered' your answers.
- My postie says she has often been asked if she has a promised DWP letter for a resident - but hasn't, and has advised the person to call and ask again, hey presto, two days later she is delivering one!
Hope this helps, as been there, done that!
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
2 months 1 week ago #287926 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Strange Phone Call!
Dan, I’ve had exactly the same problem. They said it could be a week or 2. Even the manager said it would be better to wait & see the outcome. I was under the impression that someone was in training at my assessment as they asked if I’d mind if someone else was listening in.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287936 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Strange Phone Call!
Hi Bud,

denbys advice you should find helpful, as well as Dan.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, denby

More
2 months 1 week ago #287958 by dan123
Replied by dan123 on topic Strange Phone Call!
Thanks for the advice and to everyone that's replied. This forum really is a great help. I will ring them again on Monday and if they say that they still haven't received it I will ask to speak to a Manager to look into the matter.

Thanks again.

Dan

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.