× Members

New to B&W

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101489 by Justme
New to B&W was created by Justme
Hi all, I'm new to B & W and trying to work my way through the maze. I have not received my Limited Work capability form yet but downloaded one to try to prepare for the real thing. How do I know if the form I downloaded is the 'new' form?

also, is it worth mentioning on the form that I suffer from migraine? It is not my main illness but when they occur can be very debilitating.

thanks for help.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101491 by
Replied by on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: Hi all, I'm new to B & W and trying to work my way through the maze. I have not received my Limited Work capability form yet but downloaded one to try to prepare for the real thing. How do I know if the form I downloaded is the 'new' form?

also, is it worth mentioning on the form that I suffer from migraine? It is not my main illness but when they occur can be very debilitating.

thanks for help.

Hi Jm,

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I have given your post a new topic of its own, as tagging on to other topics can cause confusion. :)

The new ESA50 01.2013 is the one that is downloadable from this page :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You obviously will not know whether it is this one that you will have to fill in, or the old ESA50 03/11, until you receive the "paper" ESA50 through the post.

You could start filling in The PDF ESA50 01.2013 now whilst referring to The New ESA50 claims guides here :

ESA Claims Guides

It is up to you on whether you think this is worthwhile, until you know which ESA50 you will receive.

You should provide evidence and information regarding any medical conditions that result in "Limitations", as it is said limitations that may or may not qualify you for an award of ESA.

In preparation of the migration, you may wish to consider which evidence that you will need to gather. Is your G.P. supportive, or any other treating HCP's ?

If so, you may wish to raise the issue with them now, to see whether they would be prepared to offer letters of support etc, to send with your ESA50.

Is it worth requesting copies of your G.P. records ? do they hold any information that may be useful as extra evidence ?

You could start thinking about these scenarios now, as once you receive the ESA50, you will only have around 4 weeks (maximum) to return it.

Have a read through our : ESA FAQ’s , and our :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

The better your understanding of how system works, the more chance of you being successfully awarded ESA.

If you have any further queries, please reply to this topic.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #101663 by Justme
Replied by Justme on topic New to B&W
Thank you for your reply.
I received my questionnaire today and feel sick just thinking how to begin.
It is the 'new' form 01/13

I am a bit lost in Part 2 Mental Cognitive and Intellectual functions. Do I have to complete this part of the form even if my illnesses are physical. Question 13 asks 'starting and finishing tasks': ‘whether you can manage to start and complete daily routines and tasks like getting up, washing and dressing, cooking a meal or going shopping.’ is this covered in the guides?

Sorry to be a silly but it is confusing to me. :silly:
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #101672 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: Thank you for your reply.
I received my questionnaire today and feel sick just thinking how to begin.
It is the 'new' form 01/13

I am a bit lost in Part 2 Mental Cognitive and Intellectual functions. Do I have to complete this part of the form even if my illnesses are physical. Question 13 asks 'starting and finishing tasks': ‘whether you can manage to start and complete daily routines and tasks like getting up, washing and dressing, cooking a meal or going shopping.’ is this covered in the guides?

Sorry to be a silly but it is confusing to me. :silly:

You should complete the form based on whether you think the question(s) apply to you, many claimants have both physical and metal health issues, but do not feel constrained to complete part 2 if they are not relevant, although you should indicate on the form that this is the case, as you should for any question that does not apply.

There are two ESA Claim guides, one is for the physical questions (1-10) and the other for mental health issues (11-17).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Justme

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #101763 by Justme
Replied by Justme on topic New to B&W
How far can you move safely and repeatedly on level ground without needing to stop?
50 meters
100 meters
200 meters
it varies

I have read and re-read this question so many times, At first I thought it was straight forward enough. After reading the guide I realise ‘repeatedly’ is the key word. . But how many times is ‘repeatedly’?
2, 10, 100?? I will probably have to tick ‘It varies’ then explain how far I can walk comfortably. However I rather feel like 'it varies' is a negative answer. Would appreciate bit of advice.

Also I am trying to complete the online questionnaire a bit at a time, can I print and send this form in instead of the form they sent me?

Many thanks and sorry for all the questions, which I’m sure you’ve answered many times before.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #101769 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New to B&W
Justme

Have a look at my answer to a similar questions in the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=97316#100786

There is no definition as to the number of repetitions required, to some extent it depends on the context, for example in the mobility test you reference, it is a low number, however, in the Dexterity question about pressing a key it is reasonable to assume it is a larger number.

Yes, it is acceptable to print and send the electronic version of the form instead of the sent version.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Justme

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.