× Members

New to B&W

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #102963 by Justme
Replied by Justme on topic New to B&W
I posted my ESA questionnaire today by Recorded Delivery, I was going to send it by Special Delivery after reading somewhere that some recorded mail is just mixed in with 'normal' mail. However decided on RD so hope that is good enough.
I was going to ask how long does it take to hear anything but I've just read a post asking same question, which was directed to FAQ.
It says most BDCs appear to be overloaded. Is this still the case?

Can't thank all involved in B&W site enough because without your advice I wouldn't have known where to begin.

Fingers crossed.
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 days ago #102965 by
Replied by on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: I posted my ESA questionnaire today by Recorded Delivery, I was going to send it by Special Delivery after reading somewhere that some recorded mail is just mixed in with 'normal' mail. However decided on RD so hope that is good enough.
I was going to ask how long does it take to hear anything but I've just read a post asking same question, which was directed to FAQ.

Can't thank all involved in B&W site enough because without your advice I wouldn't have known where to begin.

Fingers crossed.

Hi Jm,

Yes, that is still the case. Time taken to deal with a claimant's WCA can vary tremendously from area to area.

Please keep us updated. :)

bro58

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 days ago #102966 by Justme

bro58 wrote:

Justme wrote: I posted my ESA questionnaire today by Recorded Delivery, I was going to send it by Special Delivery after reading somewhere that some recorded mail is just mixed in with 'normal' mail. However decided on RD so hope that is good enough.

Fingers crossed.

Hi Jm,

Yes, that is still the case. Time taken to deal with a claimant's WCA can vary tremendously from area to area.

Please keep us updated. :)

bro58

Thank you Bro, I will indeed keep you updated. :)

• Justme
  • Topic Author
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104502 by Justme
Hi all, just to let you know I had a phone call this morning from DWP.
I have been transferred to WRAG and do not have to have face to face assessment. The relief is wonderful!
The lady was extremely courteous and polite and nothing like I was expecting after all the horror stories I have read. She started the call by assuring me it was ‘to put my mind at rest’ there was nothing to worry about and that my benefits were continuing. The decision is for 12 months which I assume is the norm?
I will receive confirmation of this in the post soon and will be contacted by an advisor from Job Centre to arrange my first work focussed interview.
I would like to sincerely thank all at B&W for all the great work you do. Without your assistance I would never have known where to start to complete the ESA form and thanks for your patience in answering all the questions I asked.
Would also like to add ticking ‘varies’ and sometimes not ticking a box must be ok as this is what I did!
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104511 by
Replied by on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: Hi all, just to let you know I had a phone call this morning from DWP.
I have been transferred to WRAG and do not have to have face to face assessment. The relief is wonderful!
The lady was extremely courteous and polite and nothing like I was expecting after all the horror stories I have read. She started the call by assuring me it was ‘to put my mind at rest’ there was nothing to worry about and that my benefits were continuing. The decision is for 12 months which I assume is the norm?
I will receive confirmation of this in the post soon and will be contacted by an advisor from Job Centre to arrange my first work focussed interview.
I would like to sincerely thank all at B&W for all the great work you do. Without your assistance I would never have known where to start to complete the ESA form and thanks for your patience in answering all the questions I asked.
Would also like to add ticking ‘varies’ and sometimes not ticking a box must be ok as this is what I did!

Hi Jm,

Well done on The WRAG award and thank you for letting us know. :)

A 12 months prognosis for a WRAG award is pretty average, although they can be for longer or shorter periods.

Are you aware that as it seems that you were transferred over from IB, and are therefore entitled to CB ESA only, that payment of your CB ESA in The WRAG will only last for 365 days, then it will cease.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

You should receive no less than you were previously being payed on IB, under Transitional Protection, although you could receive more :

What will I be paid?

What will I be transferred to?

Once your CB ESA comes to an end, you should be financially assessed to see whether you can pass the means test that entitles you to payment of IR ESA.

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

I note from your earlier post that you hit State Pension Age next year. Hopefully your 365 day entitlement will take you up to the applicable date for SP/PC.

Have a look at these links regarding WFI's and WRA :

Work Focused Interviews

Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

As you will see,there is an Upper Age Limit for having to attend WFI's etc.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

• Justme
  • Topic Author
10 years 11 months ago #104521 by Justme
Thanks for that extra information Bro, much appreciated. I will look at those links.

Thank you all again! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.