× Members

New to B&W

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107149 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote:

bro58 wrote:

Justme wrote: Recently had a letter to say my first Work Focused Interview will be in a couple of weeks.

Any tips? what type of 'interview' is it?

Hi JM,

Other members may wish to give their own input, but members have had differing experiences, some good some bad.

I suppose it depends on the actual JCP Adviser that you see.

I'll refer you back to my post here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...7481&start=18#104511

It will probably involve your works history, your current health problems, etc, etc.

You may be aware, but you can ring the JCP Adviser prior to the interview, and request that the interview is carried out over the phone, if your limitations will make it difficult to travel to the interview, of course they do not have to comply with any such request.

If I was in a similar situation, I would definitely consider covertly recording any such interviews, if nothing else, for my own reference purposes.

Of course, that is up to you, and if you were to do this you would have to ensure that the adviser was not aware of it.

bro58

Thanks you Bro, as always most grateful for your advice. I'll read through the posts again too!
I think I would be too nervous to record interview. :unsure:

Hi JM,

It would just be a safeguard, and hopefully unnecessary.

Good luck, try not to worry, many members have reported that their WFI was very low key and uneventful.

Please return, with an update, afterwards. :)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #107152 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New to B&W
In addition to the excellent advice you have been given, you might find this helpful

Work Focussed Interviews

My own WFI was carried out over the phone. The advisor acknowledged that I was appealing, had a quick chat about my problems and warned me that I would soon hear from a Work Program Provider but that participation was purely voluntary.

The advisor phoned back a few weeks later to check that the WPP had been in touch and that was the end of it. I didn't hear from him again, even though my reconsideration took 6 months.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Justme
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago #107163 by Justme
Replied by Justme on topic New to B&W
Thank You Bro and Mrs H!

I will report back and hope my interview will be 'uneventful' too! :)

• Justme
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108737 by Justme
Hi again all,
I was all prepared for my first WFI and on that morning I had a phone call to say they had to cancel as there was no-one available to do the interview. I have been waiting for new appointment which arrived today. The original appointment was ok time as I had arranged for my husband to go with me. However the new appointment in September is not so good.
How does it work in cases such as this?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago #108744 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: Hi again all,
I was all prepared for my first WFI and on that morning I had a phone call to say they had to cancel as there was no-one available to do the interview. I have been waiting for new appointment which arrived today. The original appointment was ok time as I had arranged for my husband to go with me. However the new appointment in September is not so good.

Hi J,

You should contact the JCP Adviser ASAP, they may rearrange it.

You should be aware that WFI's can be deferred, or carried out over the phone.

These options are purely at the JCP Advisers discretion.

bro58

• Justme
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago #108745 by Justme

bro58 wrote:

Justme wrote: Hi again all,

Hi J,

You should contact the JCP Adviser ASAP, they may rearrange it.

You should be aware that WFI's can be deferred, or carried out over the phone.

These options are purely at the JCP Advisers discretion.

bro58

Thank you, as always very grateful for your advice.
I shall ring them tomorrow.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.