× Members

New to B&W

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 weeks ago #101796 by Justme
Replied by Justme on topic New to B&W
Thanks Gordon, advice much appreciated.

At the moment I feel I have to take a break from the form, it's mind boggling. :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102111 by Justme
Think I've finally got the form completed! thanks to B&W guides.

maybe needs a few tweaks here and there!

I have another question, I have a relatively new GP, in new medical practice and have only seen him a couple of times. I mainly see the practice nurse. I made an appointment today and explained to her about move from IB to ESA. She wasn't very helpful and said if 'they' get in touch with the surgery it will be a GP who fills in the forms.

Will this affect my claim? I have been on IB for 15 years and will reach retirement age next year.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102116 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New to B&W
DWP seldom get in touch with the GP. However, it would be worth you while making sure that your GP is familiar with your circumstances, just in case. You can do this in person or in writing - but you should be aware that DWP can ask to see anything you have sent in writing to your GP so be careful not to put words into his mouth!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Justme

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102198 by Justme
Thank You Mrs H.

So if DWP don't get in touch with GP is the decision made solely on my answers on ESA form?

If so, is it likely my claim will OK?

thanks again
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102201 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New to B&W
The decision will be made from the details on your ESA50 form, any other evidence you have provided +/- a face-to-face assessment with an ATOS HealthCare Practitioner (HCP). It is impossible to gauge what the result might be, I'm afraid.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Justme

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102412 by Justme
Thanks all at B&W, I've just ab out completed my form!
However I have just read on another topic, that 'it varies' didn't score any points.
I have ticked this on some questions and hopefully given reasons why It varies. so fingers crossed.

Another question if I may........completing the electronic version electronic of the form has taken a while.
Is it likely the DWP might assume if you can do this you are ok to work at keyboard etc?

thanks again
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.