× Members

New to B&W

• Justme
  • Topic Author
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104775 by Justme
Replied by Justme on topic New to B&W
Hello again, I received confirmation in post today to say I have been places in WRAG

Hope you don't mind but I have another question :)

The letter says 'You may also be required to attend a work-focused health related assessment'.

I read B&W notes on this and it states:

Claimants who are assessed as having limited capability for work-related activities are not obliged to take part in a work-focused health-related assessment.

Claimants over 60 years of age will also not be required to attend a work-focused health-related assessment.

Just checking, is this stilll the case?
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #104778 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: Hello again, I received confirmation in post today to say I have been places in WRAG

Hope you don't mind but I have another question :)

The letter says 'You may also be required to attend a work-focused health related assessment'.

I read B&W notes on this and it states:

Claimants who are assessed as having limited capability for work-related activities are not obliged to take part in a work-focused health-related assessment.

Claimants over 60 years of age will also not be required to attend a work-focused health-related assessment.

Just checking, is this stilll the case?

Yes and no :)

Being in the WRAG you only have Limited Capability for Work, not LCWRA, so the first statement does not apply to you, but is correct.

I would be interested if you could let us know where you got the second statement from as it was correct but no longer is, it should now read;

You cannot be asked to attend a WFI if you have reached or passed the upper age limit.

- For a woman this is their State Retirement Age.
- For a man this is the State Retirement Age of a woman born on the same day.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Justme
  • Topic Author
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104782 by Justme
Thanks Gordon, so if I do have to attend this assessment, what does that entail?

I read the second statement here

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and...h-related-assessment
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 11 months ago #104787 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: Thanks Gordon, so if I do have to attend this assessment, what does that entail?

Thanks for the link I will get it corrected.

The following FAQs explain more about WFIs and the Work Programme.

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Justme
  • Topic Author
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104793 by Justme

Gordon wrote:

Justme wrote: Thanks Gordon, so if I do have to attend this assessment, what does that entail?

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Gordon

Thanks again Gordon sorry to be nuisance, I think I'm having a foggy day but I can't see where the work-focused health related assessment is mentioned?
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

10 years 11 months ago #104794 by
Replied by on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote:

Gordon wrote:

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Gordon

Thanks again Gordon sorry to be nuisance, I think I'm having a foggy day but I can't see where the work-focused health related assessment is mentioned?

Hi Jm,

"work-focused health related assessment" (WFHRA's) have been suspended, and there are no current plans to reinstate them.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.