× Members

Work-related activity group

More
9 years 9 months ago #123246 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Work-related activity group
Finally I can put all this to rest now, the letter came today stating that they had made a mistake when they were originally calculated my pension and this created an overpayment this is now being written off as an official error and that the letter I then got was a mistake and they apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I then asked them about my reassessment which was due this month just to check that I haven't missed the form through the post and got a big surprise when they told me that I wasn't due to be assessed again till September next year so I can rest easy for another year now, thank you all for all your help in regards to everything you help me with couldn't have done it without you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123248 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work-related activity group
Worrly

A nice way to end this afternoon's session, glad to hear that you can finally put a Full Stop to all of these troubles.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 4 months ago #127019 by Shirluk2
I'm writing on behave of a friend who has not worked for about 6 years as she had to look after her mum and dad who have passed away 2 years ago. her own Health has deteriorated badly do you know if she can claim ESA even though she not worked for years.

Any advice would be helpful thank you.

More
9 years 4 months ago #127020 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work-related activity group

Worrly wrote: I'm writing on behave of a friend who has not worked for about 6 years as she had to look after her mum and dad who have passed away 2 years ago. her own Health has deteriorated badly do you know if she can claim ESA even though she not worked for years.

Any advice would be helpful thank you.

She can make a claim for Income Related ESA, which is dependant on her household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 4 months ago #127023 by Shirluk2
Thank you Gordon I'll let her know.

More
9 years 3 months ago #127687 by Shirluk2
Picked up the nerve to phone them again about my yearly increase on my work pension which was just over a £1 a month,

But after everything I went though last year because of it but the man on the phone said that's fine as it's just over a £1 nothing needs to be done as I'm in the support group and well under the limit, I was so surprise I just said your sure after everything last year he said yes I see can what you went though but everything fine you don't need to do anything.

Now I'm worried because I'm not sending in anything about the increase they may come back and say I didn't tell them about it am I worrying unnecessarily?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.