× Members

Work-related activity group

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127693 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work-related activity group
Worrly

You really need to follow up this phone call in writing by Recorded Delivery so that you have proof that you notified the DWP of the increase in your pension, obviously keep the tracking ticket.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #127710 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Work-related activity group

Gordon wrote: Worrly

You really need to follow up this phone call in writing by Recorded Delivery so that you have proof that you notified the DWP of the increase in your pension, obviously keep the tracking ticket.

Gordon

Thank you Gordon will do that, its so good to have someone to sound things off with when your not sure what to do, thanks for you help!

More
8 years 10 months ago #137046 by Shirluk2
Pip question on walking 20m

I not been called up yet for pip yet but think I will be soon with everything going on Plus my ESA is dew in sep,

I have Osteoarthritis in my feet and knees and all over my body now, my walking is slow and painful I walk with a stick I can walk over 20m but if I do I suffer during and a lot afterward With pain in my feet knees and leg cramps and feet cramps for hours afterwards even onward thought out the night into the next day, i use to use a manual wheelchair which my sister pushed me in but she can't anymore it's to hard for her to do my doc said I needed an Electric wheelchair and asked social services for one for me but they said my house is i'm unsuitable for one and they won't give you one for just outside use, so I brought a second hand one last Christmas which as yet I canT use till I build a patio and path to my back gate which we just started on. My question is because of the pain I suffer while and after walking do tick I can not walk 20m? Or do I write in the box the reason why it hurts me to walk the 20 m or both.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137065 by Gordon
Worrly

Any activity for PIP, including your walking in the Moving Around test must be done reliably, this means;

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

If you cannot reliably walk more than 20m then you should tick the box indicating this, but you will still need to explain why this is the case in the comments box and any attached pages that you need to use.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137141 by Shirluk2

Gordon wrote: Worrly

Any activity for PIP, including your walking in the Moving Around test must be done reliably, this means;

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

If you cannot reliably walk more than 20m then you should tick the box indicating this, but you will still need to explain why this is the case in the comments box and any attached pages that you need to use.

Gordon

So pain during and after walking doesn't come into it?

More
8 years 9 months ago #137142 by Gordon

Worrly wrote: So pain during and after walking doesn't come into it?

I'm sorry if my answer wasn't clear, yes, pain would count under the heading of "safely".

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.