× Members

Work-related activity group

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119419 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work-related activity grou

Worrly wrote: What a mess,
had two letters on Saturday one saying that my benefit has been cut to just £50 a week and another that said they owe me money but they were holding it back as there was a over payment and for me to phone them in 5 days if I not heard from them!

I phoned them and they said there had been a mistake on the first letter and I would get all my money but they were still looking into the overpayment and to ring them in 5 days if I had not heard from them, got no idea what the overpayment is to me everything was fine and just hoping that I get my full ESA money tomorrow and not the £50 a week money that they first said! Not a clue what's going on .

My guess is that the confusion is in regard to your pension, we often see the DWP get their calculations wrong when one is involved, I am afraid you will have to wait until you have a definitive statement from the DWP as to what they are going to pay you before we can offer any further advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119529 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Work-related activity grou
You were right Gordon, what a mess I up rang ESA people up just now as I've not heard anything from them he checked a few things and said everything seemed fine then by coincidence i mention something and he looked up my pension and we found out they had a ridiculous price that they thought I was getting for my pension when I was not getting that anything like that , so he said I've got to send in my details of my pension by tomorrow then they hopefully sort things out. Thank goodness I found them today.
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119532 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work-related activity grou

Worrly wrote: You were right Gordon, what a mess I up rang ESA people up just now as I've not heard anything from them he checked a few things and said everything seemed fine then by coincidence i mention something and he looked up my pension and we found out they had a ridiculous price that they thought I was getting for my pension when I was not getting that anything like that , so he said I've got to send in my details of my pension by tomorrow then they hopefully sort things out. Thank goodness I found them today.

A tentative congratulations on getting this sorted, I'll hold the full version back until it actually is :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121087 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Work-related activity grou
Finally got things sorted out after many many phone calls in the end they said they it was a fauilt there end the girl had in putted my pension wrong and that has now all been sorted, then they said they never had my pension down their end pension since i been on ESA well i told them i sure i did when i joined and last year i had that man down who look at all my details so he saw it too anyways they said they had written off what i owed them never found out what that was and they didn't say anything about the money they said they owed my still not a clue what that was ether not sure if i should ask them all just let it all go as i'm scard of blowing it all up again !

apart from that a question - i run a few facebook pages one for my home town a a few others for actors and a web site for actors they are my hobbie but i worried that they (esa) may think this as work i get no money for doing them, its just for fun i do them when i can, could i get in trouble do you think they may see this as work?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121093 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work-related activity group
Worrly

If you are not certain that the matter concerning your pensions has been resolved then you should contact the DWP about it again and ask for a letter confirming that no further action is required, that way they cannot come back to you in three months and start it all over again, this also applies I you think that they owe you money.

In regard the Facebook activity, if there is no payment for your services and more importantly, no anticipation of payment then it should not be an issue, the only other thing you need to consider is whether this activity conflicts with your stated limitations, for example if you have dexterity problems then doing something on a computer that requires you to press buttons might be seen as an issue, but you would have to have said that you were very limited for something like this to apply.

Gordon

More
9 years 11 months ago #121101 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Work-related activity group
Thank you Gordon i'll better give them a ring and ask them for a letter stating that and get it sorted for good! facebook there's no money involved only what i put into it myself ie for website and it is only a hobby i only go on a few times a day to do it, some days i cant do that i just do it when i can! thanks for all your help!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.