× Members

Work-related activity group

• bro58
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #105538 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Work-related activity group

Worrly wrote: Looking at your link it could be because of my Occupational Pension then ?

I get a small one of £85 a month which i've had for years! I've always told people about it when asked. Should i have told ESA people about it.

Hi W,

Looking back to your original post, it seems that you were previously in receipt of IB.

If your OP was previously exempt whilst in receipt of IB, then it will be under Transitional Protection when transferred to ESA :

Will my pension be disregarded under ESA?

Even if it wasn't exempt, and you are in receipt of CB ESA only, (with no IR ESA top-up) if it is no more that £85/ Week, (which it seems that it isn't) then again, there should not be a problem.

However, if any part of your ESA is IR ESA, then your OP, will be classed as income, with respect to financially assessing you for entitlement to IR ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #105543 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Yes you right i was previously in receipt of IB and now in receipt of CB ESA only and its well below £85 a week I get so if i show him everything on Friday I should be OK?

• bro58
10 years 10 months ago #105547 by bro58

Worrly wrote: Yes you right i was previously in receipt of IB and now in receipt of CB ESA only and its well below £85 a week I get so if i show him everything on Friday I should be OK?

Hi W,

Going on what you have written, then all should be O.K. :)

Please update us after the visit.

bro58

More
10 years 10 months ago #105550 by Shirluk2
Thank you you put my mind at rest a bit - i'll let you know what happens after the visit on Friday!

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #105945 by Shirluk2
It was a very nice man who came on Friday, After showing him 2 types of identification he was very easy going he had this form which he filled out (thank goodness as my sister fill out everything for me and she was at work) the form was all about my ESA and more, I had to tell him all the benefits i'm getting and how much how and often they were paid he said he didn't need to know about my savings as i was on Contribution-based and in the support group. He asked all about my illness and how long i been like i was, it took about an hour to fill out the form he didn't look around my house or anything it was just doing the form it didn't have anything about how far you can walk or anything like that or the day to day stuff i can do it was all really about my money coming in.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

• bro58
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #105946 by bro58

Worrly wrote: It was a very nice man who came on Friday, After showing him 2 types of identification he was very easy going he had this form which he filled out (thank goodness as my sister fill out everything for me and she was at work) the form was all about my ESA and more, I had to tell him all the benefits i'm getting and how much how and often they were paid he said he didn't need to know about my savings as i was on Contribution-based and in the support group. He asked all about my illness and how long i been like i was, it took about an hour to fill out the form he didn't look around my house or anything it was just doing the form it didn't have anything about how far you can walk or anything like that or the day to day stuff i can do it was all really about my money coming in.

Hi W,

That is good news !!!! :cheer:

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.