× Members

Work-related activity group

• asdman
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92238 by asdman
Replied by asdman on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Worrly wrote:

First thank you for all your help - the person at
Citizens Advice told me i would not get any money as my sister is a non-dependant adult and lives with me!

I'd double check that with Citizens Advice. When I advised on benefits, admittedly a few years ago, the rule was that the income of a non-dependant adult would only have an effect on things like housing benefit, council tax benefit and mortgage interest payments. But it would have no effect on the cash element of income support or income related ESA. As far as I can see from the DWP website the rules haven't changed in this respect. So I'd ask them to check again, just to be sure.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92435 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Re:Work-related activity group
This morning i got the result of my decision to look at it again after being put in WRAG and they decided to keep the original decision :( they said i could contact them to know more about this so i rang them up and was told someone would ring me back today before 4.30pm. Just a few mins ago a man rang and said he go though every thing with me and then he asked me what part of the support group factors I though I complied with I said the mobility part he ask me why and i told him after a few questions he said that he was a decision maker and he would over turn it and red flag it and that i am now in the support group for 2 years :woohoo:

I want to thank this site for all the info and all the help that Mods and Members have given me without your help I know I wouldn't have got this result and the strength to go though with everything! I'm so Happy!!

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92439 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Worrly wrote:

This morning i got the result of my decision to look at it again after being put in WRAG and they decided to keep the original decision :( they said i could contact them to know more about this so i rang them up and was told someone would ring me back today before 4.30pm. Just a few mins ago a man rang and said he go though every thing with me and then he asked me what part of the support group factors I though I complied with I said the mobility part he ask me why and i told him after a few questions he said that he was a decision maker and he would over turn it and red flag it and that i am now in the support group for 2 years :woohoo:

I want to thank this site for all the info and all the help that Mods and Members have given me without your help I know I wouldn't have got this result and the strength to go though with everything! I'm so Happy!!

Hi W,

What a positive turn around of events. :)

Well done, that's you and MHB today. :)

As I said on MHB's thread, "Knowledge is empowering"

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #92443 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Well done! Thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago #92512 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Re:Work-related activity group
support group - I suppose i'll get a letter telling me that i'm now in this group? do I still have to go to go to my job centre plus interviews or does that all finish now? Do I have to phone them and tell them ? Can you tell me what happens next?

many thanks

More
11 years 7 months ago #92518 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Yes, you (we) should get a letter at some stage, the weekly ESA figure will increase a little (unless you are already getting more than usual under transitional arrangements on transfer from IB) and there will be some back pay. You are no longer obliged to undertake WFIs - although you can do so if you wish. However, it is possible that you will be invited to another WFI as it can take a while for the decision to be transmitted to JCP. If this happens I suggest you phone your advisor and explain the situation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.