× Members

KATE's PIP Queries Topic !!!

More
8 years 2 months ago #149675 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Last PIP1 day to phone in - DWP lines are down!
I just got told I was having a home assessment, I didn't ask for one. So I guess they must have some sort of criteria when assessing your form to see if you need one?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149688 by bro58

Orangeblossom wrote: I just got told I was having a home assessment, I didn't ask for one. So I guess they must have some sort of criteria when assessing your form to see if you need one?

Hi Ob,

See : This Topic

When your PIP 2 arrives with The AP (Capita/ATOS) they are supposed to scrutinise the form to see whether a Home Assessment is applicable.

In reality, they don't always do this, and appointments for assessments are made by a totally different department.

Therefore, sometime a Home Assessment will be offered in the first instance, whereas in other cases you may have to "fight" for it.

It is always advisable to make your request for a Home Assessment giving reasons why you need this and including a letter of support from your G.P. along with your PIP 2 Form.

It will also be dependent on The AP's capacity in your area.

Basically, AP's don't like offering Home Assessments as they work out more expensive for them, therefore cutting back on their profit margins.

Capita did agree to offer more Home Assessments when they acquired The PIP Assessment Contract from the DWP.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150159 by kate
Re: Going Out
I understand that "legislative definitions are not referring to public transport" in relation to this Going Out Question.

But the PIP form does.

Can you please clarify whether we mention/refer to public transport in our answers or not?

Are they asking about planning walking or driving to this destination?

Re: 13(a) planning a route to familiar place.
Does distance come into this? Are they referring to be able to make your way to the chippy around the corner?

Or are they asking if you can get to better chippy, the other side of town?

If I don't need help to plan the familiar route, could still tick the "Yes" box if I need someone to help get me there?

Thank yooouu B&W for being there.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150167 by Gordon
Kate

There is no problem with you referring to your using or not being able to use Public Transport, but you should be aware that we have seen a number of Decision Makers deny points for this on the basis that it is not part of the legal test, so I would not rely on it.

Again the law does not specify whether the journey is a walking one or one that can be driven, there will be a lot of common issues, but I think there will be more when walking a route than driving, also when driving, unless you can literally go door to door, there will always be some walking involved.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150170 by kate
Thank you but I'm stuck about this:

If the destination is somewhere you know well and not very far away, (eg the chippy around the corner), why would you need to plan the route?

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150185 by foss27
We have had various posts concerning what constitutes a journey.
I think crossing the road or popping round the corner to someone or somewhere you know is not a journey but I don't think it is legally clarified yet.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.