× Members

Medical factual report , what do i ask to put in

More
7 years 7 months ago #169841 by sha1971
couldnt get an appointment with my gp only could get get a phonecall from him , he said yes he was willing to write me a factual reporT not a problem , he asked me to jot a few things down on paper what i found difficult day to day and what help i needed and he would read it and put it into his own words lovely i thought ,spent most of the next day jotting things down as he put it , i went into great deatail on what effects me and what help i need from other people etc , took it up the doctors 4pm , next day had phone call to say report was ready i thought ooh thats quick! paid £25 to the receptionist what a RIP OFF ! my factual report was infact letter not even filling half a page consisting of about eight lines , it said sharon has schizoaffective disorder and ptsd , leading her to hear voices and have hallucinations , she requires help because of this frequently if you need any more detail please contact me , pfffffffft I felt dissapointed and a bit conned out of £25 , on the up side unless he chucks the information i gave him in the bin he has a pretty good idea of what is wrong with me and what help i need something that is difficult to get across in 10 min appoinment so he has all the information now incase Dwp contact him , i photocopied what i sent him too as its a good reference point and if anyone else wants to know whats wrong with me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169842 by sha1971
its too late about putting words into the Gps mouth for me ! , my gp has never had the time to listen to me ramble on for hours on end about every detail of my problems and what help i needed and thats why he asked for me to write it all down in detail for him , the DWP are gits always looking for a loophole to prove your some sort of nasty liar, well its too late the words have been rammed firmly into my doctors mouth , on my head be it nothing i can do now tis too late im afraid ive messed up again , another thing to keep me awake a night and after all that the doctor did all flip all and gave me flimsy letter and not the report at all that i wanted so waste of time plus i feel conned out of me £25 i handed over , TUT ho hum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 7 months ago #169878 by slugsta
You can't be accused of putting words into your GP's mouth is s/he didn't actually repeat them!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha1971

More
7 years 7 months ago #169880 by sha1971
oh thats good news i will stop worrying now ,
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #169883 by sha1971
sorry to moan so much but i honestly thought i was going to get a good medical report from my gp for £ 25, but i got flimsy dissapointment never mind

More
7 years 7 months ago #169885 by slugsta

Shaz wrote: sorry to moan so much but i honestly thought i was going to get a good medical report from my gp for £ 25, but i got flimsy dissapointment never mind

I understand your disappointment! That is something you could take up with the GP or Practice Manager - if you have the time and/or energy!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha1971

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris