× Members

ESA Assessment

More
7 years 7 months ago #170280 by jonybegud
ESA Assessment was created by jonybegud
Hi, I've claimed benefits for a back problem since 1991, which causes me problems with walking, standing and sitting,.
I had a WCA in 2012, and was put in the Support Group after appealing and being re-assessed by the DWP.
I received an ESA50 form in May 2016 which I completed and returned. I have just received an appointment to attend an assessment centre on 31st Oct 2016.
I have 3 questions, I wonder if anyone can help?
1. I retire in Dec 2016, so how do the DWP justify the expense of an assessment?
2.I specifically asked for a home assessment due to the problems I had attending the WCA in 2012. Why have they ignored my request, without even phoning to explain?
3.Damian Green announced that those with chronic conditions would not be re-assessed. How does 25 years of disability not count as chronic?
Thanks in advance for any help offered

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #170357 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment
John

1. Can't comment

2. You won't be given a home assessment unless your GP writes a letter explaining why you cannot attend at Maximus's offices.

3. This is still in the consultation stage, we have no idea of the conditions or circumstances on which a claimant will be excused from reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonybegud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris