× Members

PIP timescales

More
7 years 4 months ago #176599 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP timescales

F wrote: Thanks Gordon. Do you know how long I'd need to wait before asking for a copy of the assessment report? (although I may wait til after Christmas anyway, if it's negative I wouldn't want to know before Christmas).

Just a couple of days from the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176650 by F
Replied by F on topic PIP timescales
Does anyone know how long a decision tends to take from the assessment? The assessor said to chase at 6 weeks if I hadn't heard.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176653 by Gordon

F wrote: Does anyone know how long a decision tends to take from the assessment? The assessor said to chase at 6 weeks if I hadn't heard.

PIP Decision have been taking 7-8 weeks but the time is coming down, I would follow the assessors advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #177895 by F
I just wanted to say thank you for the guides and forum support. I was awarded 20 points for daily living, and 16 for mobility, which is great.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177896 by F
I forgot to ask, what does it mean when it says the award is 'for an ongoing period?

More
7 years 4 months ago #177907 by Gordon
F

Congratulations on the award. Well done.

An "on-going" award is as close as PIP gets to an indefinite award.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris