× Members

Question re medical report rec'd before DM letter

More
7 years 6 months ago #170883 by Petal
Hi, a week after my home assessment for a new claim for PIP by ATOS I called DWP and requested a copy of my medical report.

According to the daily living descriptors I have only scored 6 points and 0 on mobility. Natuarally I am unhappy with the scoring. I have a question, on page 21 of the report it says that the functional restriction in this report has been present over 3 months and is likely to remain over 9 months. It also says based on the claimants likely future circumstances it would be appropriate to review the claim in 2 years. Does that indicate I may stand a chance of getting standard rate daily living or will I get nothing based on the scoring?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #170884 by slugsta
Hi Petal and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I agree that the report sounds contradictory. I'm afraid the Decision Makers rarely go against the HCA recommendation - although it is not unheard of. All you can do is await the Decision Letter, they are currently taking around 8 weeks following the return of your file to DWP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 6 months ago #170885 by Petal
The MA also noted down that the claimant is on a waiting list to see healthy minds so a quick review is advised.

More
7 years 6 months ago #170886 by Petal
Thank you Mrs H, DWP received the report on the 30th of Sep, still waiting for the decision. I have subscribed to b & w and looks like I will need the support!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris