× Members

I have withdrawn my PIP CLaim

More
7 years 6 months ago #170993 by noonie143
I have withdrawn my PIP CLaim was created by noonie143
Hi there

I hope you are all well, please can you advise.

I have had the letter from DWP ref applying for PIP as DLA will end.

I rang up after being poorly for over a week to request the claim form. Having gone through everything with my husband and been so ill just at the prospect, I rang today to withdraw my pip claim so my DLA will stop.
I explained im awaiting to hear from my Neuro on whether I may be able to have brain surgery as all other options have been exhausted nearly in terms of medication.

I explained that I cant deal with this in terms of the trips to hospital tests and possibly imminent surgery and the process of the pip claim. I said il await to see the outcome of the surgical assessment and if I have the surgey. If im better, worse or the same by then, I will then apply for pip.
I think I would not be entitled under the new criteria to PIP, although I have cerebral vascular disease which has caused strokes, SUNCT, chronic migraine & CFS aswell as Iron malabsoption. I use aids provided my Social Services and my husband helps a lot but im not dead just yet and so I think that will count against me.

The lady was very stroppy on the phone when I was slowly explaining things to her, kept interrupting me.

Will iy go against me withdrawing my PIP claim - please help xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #171026 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I have withdrawn my PIP CLaim
noonie

No it won't go against you. I'm really sorry to hear that you cannot deal with a claim at the moment, when you do, just phone the PIP Claim line again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris