× Members

PIP success....kind of.

More
7 years 6 months ago #171061 by hippyhappy
PIP success....kind of. was created by hippyhappy
Well, after a very traumatic face to face and eight weeks wait, I finally got the letter to say I had been granted Enhanced rate of PIP (19 points)......but no longer mobility component(4 points). I am accepting this because from what I have read and heard, it is really difficult to be granted the mobility component for mental health issues alone. I do need a huge amount of support in travelling but after the trauma of applying for this, I have nothing left inside me to push for this. My issues are variable, so sometimes I manage just fine.

Anyhow, thank you to this site. The information and advice I got from here, helped hugely in my application. Also helpful wasthe emotional support as the process made me feel sometimes like I wanted to end it all.
No doubt ESA will be at me soon.......so I will be around for a while!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #171075 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP success....kind of.
Hi hippyhappy,

I'm glad that you have an award that you can tolerate - even more glad that we were able to help make it a little easier for you. Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris