× Members

Shame on DWP

More
7 years 6 months ago #171111 by minniesmum
Shame on DWP was created by minniesmum
Yesterday I had to phone Atos and DWP to cancel my PIP assessment. Along with many other people, I suffer with a mental health disorder.

After going through an awful 25 minute initial phone call from DWP to get information and asking the same questions over and over again, I then had to fill in the 44 page questionaire which with the help of using Benefits and Work advice and added a mental health assessment and a letter from my GP.

I thought that with all the information I sent off that I wouldn't need to go for a PIP assessment. Oh how wrong I was, so I organised for a mental health advocate to accompany me.

Unfortunately, as the date got nearer, my mental health took a down turn and I self-harmed. My anxiety turned into suicidal thoughts and so I made the decision to phone the DWP to explain why I couldn't go to the assessment. The person I spoke to made it quite plain that it was my fault that i couldn't go, completely ignoring the evidence they had about how my mental affects me.

Well, that's more money the government have saved. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #171139 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Shame on DWP
I am so sorry this is making you so unwell :( Were you able to make a second appointment?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris