× Members

DLA BEING CHANGED TO PIP

More
7 years 5 months ago #174915 by Teresa
Replied by Teresa on topic DLA BEING CHANGED TO PIP
Hi i'm going through the prossess of being changed over from DLA-PIP.
Does Anyone know How long after the assessment, ( I'm having it on Monday 28th,)
do people have to wait long to get the decision, & if it gets stopped, can I appeal, & do they stop payments straight away? Even though I have numerous medical conditions & limited mobility, walk with two sticks, or walking trolley, Hip Dysplasia, Bursitus in hip, Fibromyagia, osteoarthritis, Rhumatiod arthritis, & kidney cancer, Sjorgrens, osteoporosis, pernious anemia, & ashma,
I'm worried that I will fail the face to face & become homeless, because the advisor who filled my form in for me hardly wrote anything down & told me not to send them any paperwork, cause they don't like it, I sent a couple of letters from my GPS & orthopedic surgeon, I've also just had hand surgery October 31st , so I have limited use of my hand to,
Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #174961 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA BEING CHANGED TO PIP

Teresa wrote: Hi thanks for your reply, My iPad keeps locking me out of this site, I went on the link you left but I don't understand which bit is relevant to the face to face medical,

It's at the back of the PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #174962 by Gordon

Teresa wrote: Hi i'm going through the prossess of being changed over from DLA-PIP.
Does Anyone know How long after the assessment, ( I'm having it on Monday 28th,)
do people have to wait long to get the decision, & if it gets stopped, can I appeal, & do they stop payments straight away? Even though I have numerous medical conditions & limited mobility, walk with two sticks, or walking trolley, Hip Dysplasia, Bursitus in hip, Fibromyagia, osteoarthritis, Rhumatiod arthritis, & kidney cancer, Sjorgrens, osteoporosis, pernious anemia, & ashma,
I'm worried that I will fail the face to face & become homeless, because the advisor who filled my form in for me hardly wrote anything down & told me not to send them any paperwork, cause they don't like it, I sent a couple of letters from my GPS & orthopedic surgeon, I've also just had hand surgery October 31st , so I have limited use of my hand to,
Thanks,

PIP Decisions have been taking 7-8 weeks although the time is starting to come down again.

If you don't receive an award then your DLA will continue for a further 4 weeks after the Decision is made. Any Decision made on your PIP claim is appealable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teresa

More
7 years 5 months ago #175388 by Teresa
Replied by Teresa on topic DLA BEING CHANGED TO PIP
I had my DLA-PIP assessment on Monday @ 9.15am & it was awful, starting with the journey to get to the centre which took nearly 2 hours getting stuck on the moterway so early in the morning, then there was limited parking on the road with parking meters for 2 hours only, & 2 parking spaces that was spaced far away more than distant needed to get the mobility so for those people that like me have anxiety & panics attacks &. Incontinence problems at going out, & moving about guess I will have failed the getting out question, but was told if I didn't attend my claim would not get processed, the assesment took about 2 & half hours because the Macmillan advisor that filled my form in for told me not to send them to much paperwork & she hardly wrote anything about my medical condition, so the assessor tried to go through most of my conditions but ended up getting just as frustrated as me & meant her day was getting delayed with other people, that was waiting to see her, so told me to send the DWP copies of all my medical evidence by post, & I would have to wait for them to make a decision taking anything up to 8 weeks, anyone else experienced this, I'm well fed up with having to prove I'm disabled & ill it's caused me a week of stress, anxiety, headaches & sickness,

More
7 years 5 months ago #175403 by Gordon
Teresa

Well at least it is over.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris