× Members

ESA SUPPORT GROUP BLOW

More
7 years 5 months ago #173577 by campervan33
ESA SUPPORT GROUP BLOW was created by campervan33
Hi All

I recently wrote about my joy at getting my husband into the ESA support group and how hopefully that would be that !! HOW WRONG WAS I. i have just recieved a letter for both of us asking us to come into the job centre and speak to a Job Coach !!!
It beggars belief, I am already working so why do I need to see a job coach, and my husband has alzhiemers, so unless ive missed something he is NOT getting any better, in fact he has just been diagnosed with acute asphasia. Ive spoke to the DWP who have told me that although for my husband this is voluntary, if he does not turn up for the appt his esa could be sanctioned. I am appalled, however we will attend and instead of me doing the usual and speaking for my husband I will not say a word, and just see how they manage to communicate with him. Just thought Id let people on this site know that this is now happening, I can actually see there being a change with esa and that it will just be the one group, not wrag and support.
Anyway wish me good luck for the 24th
suzanne
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173599 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA SUPPORT GROUP BLOW
Suzanne

You have bee seriously misinformed by the DWP.

If the appointment is voluntary then your husband cannot be sanctioned, in fact as he is in the SG there are no activities that he can be asked to do that will result in a sanction, although I need to make it clear that there are things that can mean that his benefit is suspended, but this is not the same as a sanction.

To be clear no voluntary activity whether the claimant is in the SG or the WRAG can lead to a sanction, only Mandatary activities for claimants in the WRAG carry a risk of sanction.

If it is voluntary then he does not need to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #173601 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic ESA SUPPORT GROUP BLOW
This is appalling Suzanne, hope you triumph.
The following user(s) said Thank You: campervan33

More
7 years 5 months ago #173696 by campervan33
Replied by campervan33 on topic ESA SUPPORT GROUP BLOW
thank you for your reply gordon, however i really dare not take the chance, so we will both attend and see what happens. I will let you know

More
7 years 5 months ago #173697 by campervan33
thank you liam, i will let you know how we get on

More
7 years 4 months ago #175109 by campervan33
Hi Liam
As promised an update on last weeks appt at the JCP. They didnt want to see my OH, just me to discuss getting work. I told them that I already had a job as well as caring for my OH who has Alzheimers. OK she said then just to let you know that whatever support we can offer to your OH we also offer that support to you. Appointment over. Although she then went on to tell me about her new role coming up and how much she loved her job. Overall she was a nice and decent person so all that stress and anxiety pointless !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.