× Members

compensation

More
7 years 5 months ago #174427 by sonnyboyo
compensation was created by sonnyboyo
Hi, My wife receives contributory ESA & full P.I.P. i work 33hrs per week and receive working tax credit and child support. My wife is awaiting a final settlement of compensation for a road accident 5yrs ago and will be receiving £24,000 in the next 4 weeks. How will this compensation affect our benefits? We was considering buying a motor car for £10,000 with immediate effect of receiving the payment, which would leave her with savings of £14000 we will inform the DWP of her compensation payment. Will we lose benefits? What should we do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #174449 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic compensation
sonnyboyo

As long as she is only receiving ESA(CB), which should be the case if you work more than 24 hours a week then it will not be effected. PIP is not means tested so it is not an issue.

We don't advice on the other benefits but as far as I know they also will not be effected.#

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #174466 by sonnyboyo
Replied by sonnyboyo on topic compensation
Gordon.. my mistake, it is child tax credit not working tax credit i receive

More
7 years 5 months ago #174469 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic compensation
Was the accident the reason for your wife claiming ESA? If so, I believe DWP will want to claim back some of the ESA paid.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #174537 by sonnyboyo
Replied by sonnyboyo on topic compensation
No

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris