× Members

new contributionESA claim based on other tax years

More
7 years 5 months ago #174578 by Laura G
Hi,

I've applied for ESA and they have put me in the income based channel as I do not have enough NI credits for tax years Apr 13-14 & Apr 14-15 however I do have NI credits for tax years Apr 12-13 & Apr 13-14. Is there anyway to qualify on these tax years instead? and if so, how?This is a new ESA claim as I have never claimed it or job seekers in the past.

Thank you
Laura

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #174589 by Gordon

Laura G wrote: Hi,

I've applied for ESA and they have put me in the income based channel as I do not have enough NI credits for tax years Apr 13-14 & Apr 14-15 however I do have NI credits for tax years Apr 12-13 & Apr 13-14. Is there anyway to qualify on these tax years instead? and if so, how?This is a new ESA claim as I have never claimed it or job seekers in the past.

Thank you
Laura

You must have at least 26 weeks of Class 1 or Class 2 NI Contributions not Credits in one of the two complete Tax years preceding the current benefit year, which are 2013-14 and 2014-15.

If you only have Credits then I am afraid it does not matter which years are used as you cannot pass the test for Contributions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laura G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris