× Members

PIP. managing therapy.

More
7 years 5 months ago #174806 by CLINTIAN
PIP. managing therapy. was created by CLINTIAN
Hi and thank you all for your kind and great help you do,
I Have a question regarding my husbands severe depression, now he has been on a weight loss program with his doctors [this has now just finished] and it was thought a very good idea as exercise would not only help his weight but also as I understand is good in helping with depression, now even though he no longer sees the nurse to monitor his weight he still continues to try to exercise, I Do help to prompt him to get out for a walk/cycle most days, would this count as Therapy under descriptors 3c,d,e and f ? thank you again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #174817 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP. managing therapy.

BODGE1 wrote: Hi and thank you all for your kind and great help you do,
I Have a question regarding my husbands severe depression, now he has been on a weight loss program with his doctors [this has now just finished] and it was thought a very good idea as exercise would not only help his weight but also as I understand is good in helping with depression, now even though he no longer sees the nurse to monitor his weight he still continues to try to exercise, I Do help to prompt him to get out for a walk/cycle most days, would this count as Therapy under descriptors 3c,d,e and f ? thank you again.

You would need to show that the exercise was prescribed or recommended by a health professional and that failing to do it would is likely to result in a deterioration of his health.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINTIAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris