× Members

ESA Support group

More
7 years 5 months ago #176006 by kpmcgurk
ESA Support group was created by kpmcgurk
Hello, I was placed in the Support group in 2013 when my Incapacity Benefit changed to ESA. On July 8th 2016 I completed and returned my ESA review form and this morning, almost 6 months later, I received notification that I had been placed in the Support Group once again which is fantastic news. However, there is no mention of how long my award is for - I wonder if it is for another 3 years? Also, there is no indication of how many points I was awarded - should this have been included?

Hope someone can help.
Sincere thanks, Kevin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #176025 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Support group
Hi Kevin, that's great news, a lovely reason for your first forum post! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Claimants are not routinely advised of when to expect reassessment (ESA is technically indefinite) or how many points were scored. You can get this information if you wish - contact DWP and ask for the 'prognosis', which is when to expect reassessment, and also to be sent a copy of the assessor's report. This will be an ESA85 if you had a face2face assessment, ESA85a if you did not.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris