× Members

ESA - SUPPORT GROUP

More
7 years 4 months ago #176354 by Daz
ESA - SUPPORT GROUP was created by Daz
Firstly, a big thanks to Gordon and all the team at Benefits and Work - you do a wonderful job.

I contacted the DWP for an update and the adviser said I had been put in the ESA Support Group for at least 12 months. I had no medical, but the Health Assessment Team contacted my GP who completed the report. I am delighted.

A couple of questions, if I may.

1) I completed the form in May, so it went past the 13 week period (by about 11 weeks). Do you get backdated money from the 13th week? Last week, I had some backdated money for a few weeks in May that they owed, but nothing from the 13th week onwards....

2) Would I have to go for an assessment during this 12 month period?

3) The Job Centre keep asking me to go for some work experience, but I have explained that I was still awaiting a decision. They are calling back next week, do I need to attend this as I feel I am being a bit pressured into going!!

Thanks again,

Daz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176407 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - SUPPORT GROUP
Daz

Congratulations on the award, well done.

1. If this was a new claim for ESA then you will receive back payment from the beginning of week 14 of your claim. If it was a reassessment then it will be the date the Decision was made on.

2. You won't have and assessment before your claim is looked at again in a year's time.

3. If you are in the Support Group then you do not need to attend WFI's or to participate in Work Related Activity. See

Interviews at JC+ when in Support Group

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris