× Members

Answering Q3 , Q3a and Q3b on preparing food

More
7 years 3 months ago #178665 by centreduba
Replied by centreduba on topic Answering Q3 , Q3a and Q3b on preparing food
Dear Gordon l have come to question 10 now on the PIP form which is Reading as because of how my illnesses and disabilities affect me on a daily basis l find it very hard to read much due to how my disabilities affect me on a constant daily basis as l get chronic fatigue and tiredness , chronic pain , dizzy spells because of my medication thus l need considerable breaks and the help of my brother to help me a lot on a day to day basis.

Does that sound reasonable to you to put on the form?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178710 by Gordon

centreduba wrote: Dear Gordon l have come to question 10 now on the PIP form which is Reading as because of how my illnesses and disabilities affect me on a daily basis l find it very hard to read much due to how my disabilities affect me on a constant daily basis as l get chronic fatigue and tiredness , chronic pain , dizzy spells because of my medication thus l need considerable breaks and the help of my brother to help me a lot on a day to day basis.

Does that sound reasonable to you to put on the form?

All you can do is argue your case.

The Reading activity is primarily about two things; being able to see to read and understanding what it is you are seeing, you will need to show that your conditions impact on your cognitive ability to meet the latter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: centreduba

More
7 years 3 months ago #178831 by centreduba
Dear Gordon l have come to question 14b and 14 c now and in regards to the second one of those questions my brother takes me out in a wheelchair because l virtually cannot walk no further then 5 metres without stopping due to severe discomfort but in the first question l use a walking stick in my house with the physical support of my brother so do l answer Question 14b with a yes?.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178841 by Gordon

centreduba wrote: Dear Gordon l have come to question 14b and 14 c now and in regards to the second one of those questions my brother takes me out in a wheelchair because l virtually cannot walk no further then 5 metres without stopping due to severe discomfort but in the first question l use a walking stick in my house with the physical support of my brother so do l answer Question 14b with a yes?.

It's really no different from any of the other activities, so if you can only walk with a stick then you answer "yes", if not then as applicable.

PIP does not consider the use of a wheelchair, only your ability to stand and move (walk).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 months ago #178852 by centreduba
So even if l can walk no further then 5 metres outside because of severe discomfort and with the help of a walking stick and the physical help of my brother l should answer yes that l use a walking stick?.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178859 by Gordon

centreduba wrote: So even if l can walk no further then 5 metres outside because of severe discomfort and with the help of a walking stick and the physical help of my brother l should answer yes that l use a walking stick?.

If you are unable to walk without a stick then you would answer "yes"!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.