× Members

Face To Face Next Week

• bro58
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #186554 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Transition Finalised

sheila wrote: Just to say that we are yet to receive the official letter but yesterday I rang for an update on my daughters claim (DLA To PIP)

I was informed that on 30th March a decision had been made to award her enhanced rate in both categories (for a five year period) - that a letter would be with us soon.

The DWP operator also told me to check out the .GOV Site for any other benefits my daughter would now be entitled to, I said I didn't think any, as she worked (minimum wage) for 29 hours a week;

She told me that she would more than likely be eligible for working tax credits, the blue badge scheme, (now that would be a god send for her) and tax exemption on the vehicle we use to drive her about in, as a minimum!

All in all a worrying time that has ended well, for now. (Yes, I still have my gripes as to why anything would need reviewing in 5 years - she will never be cured, she will never 'get better' or the fact that there were various inconsistencies in the Assessors report)

I can honestly say, despite being an educated person, used to report writing, I would not have been able to convey/express my daughters needs as well if It had not been for the invaluable help provided by this site, Guides, Moderators, Forums & the Members experiences - Thank you to all

Hi s,

This seems most heartening and hopefully you will receive the PIP Decision Notice letter soon.

Please let us know when you do ! :)

Not sure about all and any "benefits" that she may be entitled to, but the Enhanced Mobility will certainly give access to a Motability Lease Car, automatic entitlement to a Blue Badge and free Road Tax for any vehicle that is used for her benefit.

Have a look at the following : Financial help if you're disabled.

Thanks so much for your very kind words regarding all @ B&W, they are appreciated by all here ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris