× Members

Pip

More
1 year 9 months ago #272384 by STEVO
Replied by STEVO on topic Pip
Well the 25 th January my form was received by DWP recieved a text today 21 July to say I may need assessment. Well i suppose I’m one of many shocking treatment to everyone , I will keep you informed
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #272391 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip
Hi Stevo

I am sorry you have had such a long wait, but I'm glad you've heard at last.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #272731 by STEVO
Replied by STEVO on topic Pip
Still waiting. 25 January and still nothing only a text to say looking at my review . Just to keep everyone updated
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #272735 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip
Hi Stevo

I read in a welfare right news letter today that Citizens Advice says the average waiting time for an assessment is over 5 months and that 327,000 claimants are waiting for an assessment.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, SUE C C

More
1 year 9 months ago #272754 by Ajjars
Replied by Ajjars on topic Pip
Hi Guys,

I applied for PIP on 28th April 2022. I received an email the same day with the online form.

I spent a while on here researching how best to get my point across as to how my illnesses affect me day to day. I uploaded my form and all my supporting evidence; Consultants letters to my GP, appointment letters for scans, MRI's etc. Upcoming appointments, and my prescription list. When I felt I had everything I needed I submitted it. This was on 18th May 2022.

I received a letter a few weeks later saying I had a telephone appointment with an assessor on 18th July AM, but as it was too early as I would have still been at work I changed it for the 21st July PM.

The telephone assessment lasted about 55 minutes, and although I don't remember much about it (I have a very bad memory!), I feel like the assessor was genuine and didn't try to trip me up. I answered the questions as honestly as I could, then resigned myself to the long wait for the decision.

I got a text message the next day to say the DWP had received my assessment, and that I should receive their decision in the next 8 weeks.

So fast forward to today and I got a text message early this morning to say I have been awarded PIP. I was gobsmacked! It took just under 14 weeks from start to finish.

Obviously it doesn't say what I have received, so using the threads on here I found a phone number to call to use the automated service and found out the amount I will receive and when. It seems I have been awarded standard rate for both care and mobility. I am happy with that.

There's no money in my account yet, and I need to wait for the letter to see exactly what points I have been awarded and for what, but hopefully I will have got what I need for my blue badge renewal.

Thank you to everyone on here - mods and posters as the questions you all asked and answered helped me enormously.
Good luck to everyone still waiting. I hope you all get the outcome you need!
A x
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS, SUE C C

More
1 year 9 months ago #272765 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip
Hi Ajjars

That was quick. Congratulations on your award.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ajjars

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris