× Members

Looking well during assessments

More
6 years 6 months ago #200789 by Grace
Looking well during assessments was created by Grace
Hi, Whenever I have an assessment I am considered to be well because I look healthy. I am having an assessment in a few weeks for pip and I am also waiting to attend a tribunal date for esa. I am worried about this and just wanted to know what I can do about it, if anything. They also put on their medical assessment form that I was smartly dressed when i was not. I was dressed very very casual.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #200798 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Looking well during assessments
Grace

I'm afraid I don't really have an answer to your question, I've been moderating for over six years and I cannot remember a single occasion where a member has told us that their report referred to them as being unkempt or dirty.

Sorry!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #200816 by Grace
Replied by Grace on topic Looking well during assessments
I'm a bit confused by the answers to my questions. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself very well.

More
6 years 6 months ago #200820 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Looking well during assessments
On one pip assessment I was in my nightie and the assessor wrote that I was not dressed appropriately for the weather. On my second pip assessment, two years later, same month I was again in my nighties and the different assessor wrote that I was dressed appropriately for the weather. The weather was the same both times.

I don't think it matters much?

More
6 years 6 months ago #200841 by Grace
Replied by Grace on topic Looking well during assessments
Thank you Judy,

They pretty much used everything against me to deny me any benefits. I certainly wasn't dressed smart and I felt that they lied because they were doing everything they could to make out that I was not unwell.

More
6 years 6 months ago #200842 by gixxacath
Replied by gixxacath on topic Looking well during assessments
if i was you having been through this you can ask for the appointment to be vidiod as the accesers lie about the examination , you ring up and i presume they send you a letter and if you wish the acceser to be male or female you can request this too,cath

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris