× Members

PIP

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #284021 by lorrainec
PIP was created by lorrainec
My Daughter requested a pip form last year, she forgot to return it in the requested time limit!
She then received, months & months later, a payment in her b/account from pip!!
She hadn’t filled in any form at all…

My daughter then received a letter from pip saying that she was going to have a video appointment, (which I wrongly assumed) that it was to help fill in the pip form, as they didn’t have any information about her disabilities..

After video appointment, with a paramedic, she received another letter stating,

She had been awarded points for the lower rate of care
0 points for her mobility section

Her main disability is to do with her walking issues!
She has CMT Type 1a which I also have!
Also dyslexia and has dyscalculia. We are still waiting for her to see if she has Fibromyalgia, which some symptoms are the same as cmt symptoms!

Apparently the video app was actually an assessment! Which actually didn’t make any difference at all with her claim!!

Now, I’m normally very on the ball person, but I had been suffering with depression and
got very confused with what was going on with her, so called claim!

She was under Great Ormond Street until 18yrs
old and then went next door to the adult department for her Motor Sensory Neuropathy Disease -( CMT )

Can she request another form to actually fill in this time, so there actually have all the relevant information to be able to give her the appropriate points?!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #284031 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP
Hi lorraine,

I just wanted to give you the heads up that your whole email address is on show, so you might want to change it to a username that better suits ?

Regards, Chris

p.s. - If you need a help doing this, just reply, and I'll guide you through it, or do it for you if it helps. :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284196 by lorrainec
Replied by lorrainec on topic PIP
Hi Chris,
Thanks for letting me know.
I think I’ve Changed it?? Lol
Can you let me know if it’s?!

Thanks
Lorraine

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284203 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP
Hi Lorrainec

Yes, you have successfully changed your username.

Concerning your question about requesting a new PIP form. You said that your daughter had a recent video assessment and was awarded lower-rate care and zero for mobility. When was this? You have one month from the date on the decision letter to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration. If you have missed this deadline, you can request to put in for a late Mandatory Reconsideration. The DWP don't have to agree to the late request, but they don't usually deny it. If you need to request a late MR the reason you give is that you did not understand the process. and both your daughter's poor health and your poor health as the person who supports her.

If you can do a Mandatory Reconsideration now, we have a guide on how to do this. The Guide to PIP Appeals (which includes the Mandatory Reconsideration information). If you haven't already, you should look at the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews to see examples of answers to all the questions to see whether your daughter missed anything. Be aware that at least one of the people who read the form has no medical training, and even when you have an assessor, they may not understand your daughter's condition. Too often, people assume that assessors have an understanding and experience of their condition and so don't think they need to explain things. Claimants need to make it as clear as possible while keeping in mind all the time the specific PIP criteria.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

If you have any other questions, come back and ask, and we will try to assist you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
11 months 5 days ago #284826 by lorrainec
Replied by lorrainec on topic PIP
It is too late to appeal.
But what I really can’t understand is, my daughter has never filled in a pip form….she forgot to fill it in and it was pass the date for return. So I can’t understand how any of this has actually happened!
Can we ask for a form to be re-sent out and fill it in this time?
Thanks
L

More
11 months 5 days ago #284832 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP
Hi lorrainec

Your daughter has an award - low-rate care. You have two options:

1. Put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration - She can put in a late submission up to 12 months from the date on the decision letter. You said that it is too late for this.

2. Put in for a change of circumstances - you ring the DWP and say that your daughter wants to put in for a change of circumstance ie - her conditions have deteriorated. This will trigger them sending out a review form, which you will be able to fill in and send off whatever information you want.

When you get the form, make sure that you read the PIP Guide to Claims and Reviews. The DWP does not focus so much on a claimant's disabilities or medical condition as they do on how they affect the claimant's daily living and mobility in terms of the specific PIP criteria. I only emphasise that, because too often people lose out because they think the condition is enough to be awarded PIP and it isn't always.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid