× Members

Employment & Support Allowance

More
13 years 4 months ago #42293 by Paula
Employment & Support Allowance was created by Paula
Hi there, I wondered if anyone could possibly help me, I applied for ESA last April. I was sent for a Medical with ATOS of course which they stated I was fit for work. I then made an appeal. This came through on the 7th December last year. I was unable to attend as I was in agony and couldn't even get down the stairs that day, I did let them know and asked them to ajourn it but they went ahead without me anyway and said I was fit to work. The problem is I have a serious condition with my knees that causes so much pain that I am on Morphine 3 times a day and am unable to get out of the house most days, I am also severely depressed for which I take antidepressants. I already feel utterly useless and now have been advised that I cannot apply to the upper tribunal cause no laws have been broken. I have worked since I was 16 and hardly had a day off work but since having this condition I am unable to get to a place of work so am at my wits end how I supposed to be able to get a job. I really don't know what to do. This is the only time I have ever been on benefits and need a little help and there is none there at all, I just feel that I am a burdon to society and that the world would be a better place without me, at least then I wouldn't feel such a failure. Can anyone offer any advise please as I really don't know what else I can do. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 4 months ago #42298 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Employment & Support Allowance
Because it is more than six months since the original decision was made, you can make a fresh application for ESA.

• Survivor
13 years 4 months ago #42300 by Survivor
See Members News bulletin for 10 February last year for an explanation.

• pata1
13 years 4 months ago #42304 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re: Employment & Support Allowance
Hi Survivor,

Can you put up a link for this, as I can only find a News Bulletin for 03/02/2010 which is HERE

Sorry if I've misunderstood you :(

Pat :kiss:

• Survivor
13 years 4 months ago #42305 by Survivor

• Survivor
13 years 4 months ago #42306 by Survivor
Sorry, just spotted about the dates, yes, I'd got the date wrong. Oops!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris