× Members

Are private doctors' views taken into account?

• Mark Sutton
12 years 8 months ago #67263 by Mark Sutton
Replied by Mark Sutton on topic Re:Are private doctors' views taken into account?
nofuss wrote:

That would mean though that I would have to give his home address on the ESA50 as that's where he has his private practice...

If you enter:

Bath doctors

into Google, these are the top 7 results:

Widcombe Surgery 3-4 Widcombe Parade, Bath, Avon - 01225 310 883

Number 18 Surgery - 18 Upper Oldfield Park, Bath, Avon - 01225 427 402

Bath NHS Healthcare Centre - Riverside Health Centre, James Street West, Bath, Avon - 01225 478 811

Dr B Standing - 35 Great Pulteney Street, Bath - 01225 464 567

Dr Rebecca S Hodson - 3-4 Widcombe Parade, Bath, Avon - 01225 310883

Fairfield Park Health Centre - Tyning La/Camden Rd, Bath - 01225 331 616

Dr C L Leach - 21 Catharine Place, Bath, Avon - 01225 421 034

I can't see any way of telling which of these doctors are private (although the surgeries presumably aren't).

Dr C L Leach of 21 Catharine Place, for example, might sound like a private address, but if you Google:

Dr C L Leach - 21 Catharine Place NHS

the third result shows that Dr Leach is an NHS practitioner.

My own doctor's address sounds like a private house, but it's an NHS surgery.

As a reader of these forums you'll know what a massive backlog of migrations and appeals the DWP has to deal with.

I seriously doubt that they'll have the time to poke around in every ESA50 trying to discover which doctors addresses are private homes and which NHS surgeries - assuming that they even care, which I agree with Gordon is equally doubtful.

I know we're all a bit stressed at the moment, but really, I think you're worrying about absolutely nothing. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #67266 by nofuss

I seriously doubt that they'll have the time to poke around in every ESA50 trying to discover which doctors addresses are private homes and which NHS surgeries - assuming that they even care, which I agree with Gordon is equally doubtful.

I know we're all a bit stressed at the moment, but really, I think you're worrying about absolutely nothing.

I take your point. Had a bit of a hard time last year applying for DLA which has probably made me a bit paranoid about things :S This website got me through it though :)

Thanks,

Nofuss

• originaldave
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #67270 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Are private doctors' views taken into account?
Sorry it has not been possible to publish your post.

Please see www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/faq/forum-faq#deleted
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris