× Members

just got report from atos medical

• lizzyf
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #73180 by lizzyf
just got report from atos medical was created by lizzyf
I have replied to dwp about being put in wrag group a few weeks ago contribution based. I am appealing the decision which they will not consider changing. today i recieved report from atos medical. i suffer from cfs and have done for many yrs. I got 24 points from mental health descriptors ,No points for physical. Th report agrees i cannot go out alone and have trouble driving and copin g with social aspects etc. How am i supposed to attend wrag if they agree i cannot travel alone. My doc has agreed to write a supporting letter about exceptional circumstances criteria for support group. The atos nurse said the cause of illness was depression not cfs and she did not consider it a reason to qualify for support group because i would not do myself any harm .This nurse has no concept of cfs.Cfs sufferers have mental, Physical and emmotional problems but not always linked to depression. I dispair

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• littlewitch
12 years 6 months ago #73186 by littlewitch
Replied by littlewitch on topic Re:just got report from atos medical
hi what is cfs please?

• pompeyfaith
12 years 6 months ago #73198 by pompeyfaith
Replied by pompeyfaith on topic Re:just got report from atos medical
Chronic fatigue syndrome

• littlewitch
12 years 6 months ago #73203 by littlewitch
Replied by littlewitch on topic Re:just got report from atos medical
thats interesting
how do you know that you have it?
I mean that I am always exhausted at least 70 percent of the time,and in physical pain at least 50% of the time. yet I am not diagnosed with anythign because I cannot get a doctor to understand me.
I have the impression that when i go into a doctor room they think 'oh no not her' so I dont go in very often, maybe 7 times in a year, and even then I feel awkward, as if I have bothered the doctor over nothing and wasted their valueable time,
I cant explain how I feel when I get in their and just get confused and end up being fobbed off.
I confuse words and sometimes cannot find the word to describe how I am feeling, like I confuse left and right, and type wrong letters or words wrong way round,. but doctors dont want to help me I think, they act like I shouldnt have walked through the door.
its very hard to be trusting of a doctor when I think they dont really want to help me,and they dont really seem listen to me ,

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #73207 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:just got report from atos medical
Hi Littlewitch, really feel for you.

Maybe write down all your symptoms and give it to the GP?

I don't get on too well at my surgery either and it makes me feel empty and useless.

I have had different diagnosis from ME, CFS and Fibromyalgia to bursitus etc etc. Everytime you go you seem to get a different one!

Could you try a new surgery?

Best wishes,
Rachel

• lizzyf
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #73209 by lizzyf
Replied by lizzyf on topic Re:just got report from atos medical
I was diagonised with cfs 17 yrs ago. My white blood count was very low and cocksakie virus b showed up in tests. I was also diagonised by professor behar yrs ago. My condition fluctuates continually. I do not clinically suffer from depression but my symptons affect me physically, mentally and emmotionally. Antidepressants can help with pmt symptons and help severs anxiety caused by the condition.
I hope you can get help from a gp to help identify your problems :( :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris