× Members

Got my ESA decision today.

More
12 years 1 month ago #84547 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Got my ESA decision today.
So, having had a little time to celebrate, I am having second thoughts about appealing. TBH, I was so relieved to get anything without a fight that I was inclined to leave well alone!

However, I am in receipt of DLA molity at high rate on the grounds that I can only walk at all with 'severe discomfort', and I would not be able to use a wheelchair, so thjat does actually fit a support group descriptor.

I phoned today to ask for a statement of reasons and the person I spoke to encouraged me to appeal. He said that I would not risk my current award if I did so - but I believe he is mistaken in this. He also said that my prognosis is 18months and thus one of the longest he has seen for ESA. I suspect he is new to the job :laugh:

Anyway, I have done what I can for the moment and am going to give myself a few days to think things over.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #84559 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Got my ESA decision today.
Mrs Hurtyback wrote:

So, having had a little time to celebrate, I am having second thoughts about appealing. TBH, I was so relieved to get anything without a fight that I was inclined to leave well alone!

However, I am in receipt of DLA molity at high rate on the grounds that I can only walk at all with 'severe discomfort', and I would not be able to use a wheelchair, so thjat does actually fit a support group descriptor.

I phoned today to ask for a statement of reasons and the person I spoke to encouraged me to appeal. He said that I would not risk my current award if I did so - but I believe he is mistaken in this. He also said that my prognosis is 18months and thus one of the longest he has seen for ESA. I suspect he is new to the job :laugh:

Anyway, I have done what I can for the moment and am going to give myself a few days to think things over.

Hi MHB,

On a more serious note. :)

18 months is a long award for WRAG.

Even though the member that I gave this advice to in the post on this link :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...79233&catid=10#79236

had a prognosis of "In the longer term" you may still find it of interest.

I believe the member (mermaid) appealed, and was placed in the SG on reconsideration.

bro58

More
12 years 1 month ago #84563 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Got my ESA decision today.
Thanks bro, I will have a look at it.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris