× Members

Possible to go from ESA50 form direct to WRAG?

More
11 years 5 months ago #95492 by Finni
Someone told me that they submitted their ESA50 form and got a reply saying they were in the WRAG.

Is this possible? I thought you had to have a medical interview before they decide you go into the WRAG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #95493 by slugsta
Finni wrote:

Someone told me that they submitted their ESA50 form and got a reply saying they were in the WRAG.

Is this possible? I thought you had to have a medical interview before they decide you go into the WRAG.

It is possible fo a decision to be made without a face-to-face assesment if ATOS believe they have enough information to do so. Indeed, this has happened to some of our members. However, DWP cannot find someone 'fit for work' without a face-to-face assessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Karlo
11 years 5 months ago #95501 by Karlo
I received a letter today to that effect.

More
11 years 5 months ago #95593 by Finni
Karlo wrote:

I received a letter today to that effect.

It's amazing to me that they can tell how capable you are just from the form. Well, I guess I'm not the only one surprised at this.

-Finni

More
11 years 5 months ago #95596 by slugsta
Some people are able to submit a lot of detail and medical evidence with their ESA50.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Karlo
11 years 5 months ago #95608 by Karlo
Mrs Hurtyback wrote:

Some people are able to submit a lot of detail and medical evidence with their ESA50.

Very true Mrs H. I sent in medical reports a letter from my GP which highlighted descriptors I met and also had a detailed letter from the chap who deals with my PTSD. This was down to the advice I got from this site. In fact I was surprised I was never placed directly into the support group.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris