× Members

WFI not what I expected

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98072 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic WFI not what I expected
Glad it went well, Hundi.

Re the house owning thing - I've heard about them asking this before. I don't want them taking my house off me. I am in a shared ownership house but have no other income. It just concerns me what the relevance of that question is. The only time I've been asked it was to see if I qualified for legal aid.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #98082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WFI not what I expected

Asbo wrote: Glad it went well, Hundi.

Re the house owning thing - I've heard about them asking this before. I don't want them taking my house off me. I am in a shared ownership house but have no other income. It just concerns me what the relevance of that question is. The only time I've been asked it was to see if I qualified for legal aid.

I can think of a couple of trivial reasons why they might ask this question, but the JC+ have no ability to effect your housing status.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 months ago #98086 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic WFI not what I expected
Thanks Gordon.

That's a relief :)

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98087 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WFI not what I expected

hundi wrote: I also got the impression that the advisor could see I was a hopeless case re. working and at my age (nearly 58), perhaps I should have appealed.

Good luck !

Just to point out that not being expected to work again is not, in itself, enough to gain Support Group ESA!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Corrected quote.

More
11 years 3 months ago #98091 by Kummerzz
Replied by Kummerzz on topic WFI not what I expected
Hi

Why would the JC be interested in your name, address, council tax, date of birth etc the adviser should be spending the interview time match a work related activity to your health needs - I think I would be inclined to refuse to answer any questions which are not relevant would I be within my rights?

B

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98113 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic WFI not what I expected
My understanding of the reasons I was asked questions about my finances at the first WFI was that the advisor was checking to see that I was receiving all benefits I was entitled to. Maybe I'm a gullible, fool, but I felt that she was actually being supportive, in that she did identify a benefit I was eligible to apply for. Also, perhaps she had some influence on appeal at reconsideration stage after meeting me and observing that I did actually meet the descriptors for support group that I had included in my claim but the ATOS assessor had not considered when doing the paper assessment.

Or am I being lulled into a false sense of security here?
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris