Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Pip assessment in 2 weeks, so worried !!!!

Pip assessment in 2 weeks, so worried !!!! 10 months 4 weeks ago #171543

I recently applied for pip and have today received an appointment for a face to face, I am so worried and scared. I was recently reassessed for ESA and I was placed in the support group under regulation 35.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pip assessment in 2 weeks, so worried !!!! 10 months 4 weeks ago #171549

  • Gordon
  • Away
  • Posts: 30317

UNCLE M wrote: I recently applied for pip and have today received an appointment for a face to face, I am so worried and scared. I was recently reassessed for ESA and I was placed in the support group under regulation 35.


The criteria for PIP are sufficiently different from that for ESA that a separate assessment is required so try not to read anything in to this appointment.

The PIP Claim guide explains has a section towards the back that covers the assessment and the questions that you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Pip assessment in 2 weeks, so worried !!!! 10 months 4 weeks ago #171553

Thank you for the quick reply Gordon, as always it is very much appreciated. I am terrified at having to go for a face to face after the recent ESA reassessment which was eventually decided without a face to face, although I do realise that most people do need one for pip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pip assessment in 2 weeks, so worried !!!! 10 months 4 weeks ago #171554

  • Gordon
  • Away
  • Posts: 30317

UNCLE M wrote: Thank you for the quick reply Gordon, as always it is very much appreciated. I am terrified at having to go for a face to face after the recent ESA reassessment which was eventually decided without a face to face, although I do realise that most people do need one for pip.


If a home assessment would be better then you need your GP to write the Assessment Provider, it doesn't always work, but may make a difference.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz julian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Pip assessment in 2 weeks, so worried !!!! 9 months 4 weeks ago #174241

After my recent assesment, I have now received a copy of the assessors report and it looks like they have given me more than 20 points for both mobility and care, if the decision maker agrees with the assessor does this mean I would be given enhanced for both. Thank you for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pip assessment in 2 weeks, so worried !!!! 9 months 4 weeks ago #174271

  • Gordon
  • Away
  • Posts: 30317

UNCLE M wrote: After my recent assesment, I have now received a copy of the assessors report and it looks like they have given me more than 20 points for both mobility and care, if the decision maker agrees with the assessor does this mean I would be given enhanced for both. Thank you for any advice.


An Enhanced award only requires 12 points.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback