Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and DLA Updates

Our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.


The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1


WRAG 6 years 10 months ago #63906

  • Edwin
If a person is placed in a WRAG grp, even though all the medical pro's who deal with that pwerson staste clearly they are not fit for work, but the person in question decided they would like to try and return to work - against medical advice (I am fumming with him) can that person decide who wil deal with their assistance in tryin g to do so - ie - Shaw Trust - or would they have to go with the DWP's decision - A4E?

Re: WRAG 6 years 10 months ago #63908

  • Survivor
If they want help via the DWP, then they have to go with whichever company/organisation has the contract for providing those services locally, but there's nothing to stop them going elsewhere for help privately, ie. not directly paid for by the government. There are various charities and voluntary groups that help, including some with European or local authority funding, and some recruitment agencies will offer help with things like CVs and tips on interviews.
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs HurtybackIzzy1010LisaJenny Clarke