Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members

TOPIC: If ATOS say 3 months

If ATOS say 3 months 6 years 1 month ago #66048

Hi, last time I had my assessment the ATOS nurse said I would be fit for work after 3 months.

I appealed and won.

My question is, would I have been kept on ESA for three months from the date of my assessment?

Best wishes,
Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:If ATOS say 3 months 6 years 1 month ago #66051

Fedup wrote:

Hi, last time I had my assessment the ATOS nurse said I would be fit for work after 3 months.

I appealed and won.

My question is, would I have been kept on ESA for three months from the date of my assessment?

Best wishes,
Rachel

Hi Rachel, not entirely sure what your asking :(

If you had scored sufficient points to be eligible for ESA, then the liklihood is that you would habe been re-assessed after 3-4 months after the Decision date. So that would mean a new ESA50 and in all probability a new medical.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:If ATOS say 3 months 6 years 1 month ago #66054

Sorry Gordon, I'll try and put it differently.

If you fail your assessment and don't appeal the choice is to go on to JSA.

If the HCP puts, fit for work in X months time, do you get paid ESA assessment rate until that X months is up or, do they put you straight on to JSA?

Best wishes,
Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:If ATOS say 3 months 6 years 1 month ago #66057

Fedup wrote:

Sorry Gordon, I'll try and put it differently.

If you fail your assessment and don't appeal the choice is to go on to JSA.

If the HCP puts, fit for work in X months time, do you get paid ESA assessment rate until that X months is up or, do they put you straight on to JSA?

Best wishes,
Rachel

No, the prognosis is only relevant is you score 15 points or more.

If you don't, the assessment rate stops shortly after you informed of the Decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:If ATOS say 3 months 6 years 1 month ago #66058

Is there any point of a prognosis then?

Sorry I'm in a pedantic mood :blink:

Best wishes,
Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:If ATOS say 3 months 6 years 1 month ago #66060

Fedup wrote:

Is there any point of a prognosis then?

Sorry I'm in a pedantic mood :blink:

Best wishes,
Rachel

I think that is a seperate discussion :) you have to qualify for the benefit first.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback