× Members

Trying to do MR, PIP,

More
11 hours 56 minutes ago #295858 by Tired MUM
Trying to do MR, PIP, was created by Tired MUM
So how long do I have to do MR. Decision date was 9th September, got letter 13th, rang on 16th to ask for report to do MR. Tried to persuade me to let her do it on the phone, refused and got cut off. Rang and requested 3 more times i think it was, all tried to persuade me to just do it over phone, kept refusing and they said Ok we'll send it out. Nothing arrived. Rang on the 30th, told person don't try to persuade me to do on phone, I want to do the MR myself and I want copy of report to facilitate this. She said ok let me check, told me nothing had been sent out so she would make sure it happened. She told me she would log in system that I was doing an MR and then talked about timescales and sending back recorded and how when I tracked it to contact them to confirm it had been delivered to them so they would watch out for form.
So received form think it was the 5th October, couldn't face reading it at first, so angry and full on sensory overload wobble head, plus stressed out trying to source ADHD meds.
Cannot find anything in the paperwork saying how long I have to get it done and back to them. No envelope or address to send it to. Starting to get even more fried trying to get it sorted and the more stressed I get the harder it is.
I did the self assessment thing on here got 29 points for daily living, I got 2 points for using an aid to wash zero on everything else. Zero for mobility got 14 on self assessment.
Now I know they are tight but this is ridiculous, the report has tick boxes at the back No functional restriction present is ticked. then box ticked to say no need for a future review as change is unlikely. Then underneath it ticks box for Yes, saying it is likely that the functional restriction will be present at recommended point of review.
NA ticked for boxes stating how long restrictions have been present and how long they are likely to remain.
Best bit at end there is a section says " the claimant has a mental, intellectual or cognitive impairment and may need additional support to comply with future claim processes" 2 boxes YES and NO guess which one was ticked.
So apparently I don't have ADHD, Anxiety Depression PTSD type trauma due to ASD/ADHD burnout, well nice to know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 hours 47 minutes ago #295873 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Trying to do MR, PIP,
Hi Tired MUM

You are not alone, we often hear the same message as yours, you stuck to your guns so well done, many claimants would have given in.

In applying for a MR you usually have one month from the decision letter, if you use the form CRMR1; www.gov.uk/government/publications/chall...ork-and-pensions-dwp

You can apply for a MR up to 13 months after the decision date with good cause. On the form when it asks if you are applying after one month the reason why, I usually write that I was waiting for the assessors report PA4.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid