× Members

not sure whether to appeal DLA decision

• JOVI
  • Topic Author
14 years 2 months ago #18261 by JOVI
I have just received a DLA award for no mobility but middle rate care. I have a had a back injury from 4 years ago that gives me severe pain when walking any more than 100 yards and to be honest I am shocked I didn't get the lower rate mobility.

However, if I ask for the award to looked at again can they end up taking the middle rate care away even though they have agreed I need frequent care with various needs throughout the day?

Or can I just ask that the mobility issue be looked at again?

I'm just not really sure what to do or if I should just leave it and get on with my life.

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #18263 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:not sure whether to appeal DLA decision
JOVI wrote:

I have just received a DLA award for no mobility but middle rate care. I have a had a back injury from 4 years ago that gives me severe pain when walking any more than 100 yards and to be honest I am shocked I didn't get the lower rate mobility.

However, if I ask for the award to looked at again can they end up taking the middle rate care away even though they have agreed I need frequent care with various needs throughout the day?

Or can I just ask that the mobility issue be looked at again?

I'm just not really sure what to do or if I should just leave it and get on with my life.

Any help appreciated.

Further information is available in the FAQs section.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris