× Members

Can I claim compensation from the DWP?

• Marie72
  • Topic Author
14 years 2 months ago #18496 by Marie72
Hello,

I remember reading, a few days ago in one of the advice booklets from the DWP - can't remember for the life of me which one now, due to brain fog. That you can ask for money from the DWP if you think they have made a mistake and caused you anguish or inconveinience.

I have had three letters from them now, asking for an overpayment of £200.00 for In work credit, which I have already paid.

Despite sending in a copy of my bankstatement, showing that the money has been paid, letters and telephone calls - I got another letter this morning threatening me with legal action if it's not paid within 7 days.

Getting really frustrated with this now...

-Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #18503 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Can I claim compensation from the DWP?
Hi Marie,

You need to write a letter to the customer services manager of the office sending you the letters saying you wish to make a formal complaint and that you consider that you should be awarded compensation for the emotional distress caused by the DWP's maladministration.

Send a copy to your MP's office and note on your letter to the DWP that you have done so.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Marie72
  • Topic Author
14 years 2 months ago #18511 by Marie72
Replied by Marie72 on topic Re:Can I claim compensation from the DWP?
Thank you Steve, I will do.

-Marie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris