× Members

IB

More
14 years 4 months ago #19888 by dolphin10
IB was created by dolphin10
I am in receipt of IB and completed an IB50
about 3 months ago. I was due to have a medical few weeks ago but it was cancelled on a short notice.
I have recently heard from JobCentreplus stating that I have met the threshold of incapacity under the PCA because I have scored lat least 15 points and that no further medical certificates would be required for the next 18 months.
I am pleased/relieved but still confused about the medical. Would I still be asked to attend a medical?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #19889 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:IB
Have you received a written decision from JCP stating that you have met the threshold of incapacity under the PCA and is there a review date on it?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 4 months ago #19891 by dolphin10
Replied by dolphin10 on topic Re:IB
Yes, I have had written confirmation that I have met the threshold criteria under the PCA because I have scored at least 15 points and that my award for benefit will continue. I have been given a review date which is in 18 months time.

More
14 years 4 months ago #19894 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:IB
In that case I'd be very surprised that after receiving notification of meeting the threshold for incapacity under the PCA from your JCP you would now be called for a medical by Atos who would have already "scored" your IB50 and informed the DM at your JCP accordingly.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 4 months ago #19900 by dolphin10
Replied by dolphin10 on topic Re:IB
Thank you for your response. Perhaps that's why my medical was cancelled at such a short notice because I had met my criteria on 1B50.
This site is great!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid