× Members

ESA Medical Report

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #19958 by Jay57
ESA Medical Report was created by Jay57
I am appealing against the ESA decision made where I was deemed fit for work. I scored 12 points under the walking and standing part and they totally ignored the fact I have no reach and cannot kneel nor squat! I have osteo-arthritis, congenital hip dysplasia and have had a total hip replacement in one leg, the other one is due. I have rotator cuff syndrome in both shoulders and am due to have a total shoulder replacement this summer - the with other one to follow later on. My consultant said I had less than a 45 degree rotation when I was examined by him yet this ATOS doctor who didn't examine me but wrote his report saying that he did - and his findings were that I had normal rotation (70 degrees) in my shoulders, that I could put my arms behind my back and reach upwards although I 'appeared' not to be able to touch my head - which I clearly can't.

He states 'tenderness in my lower spine on palpation' but didn't touch me - I didn't even take my coat off! He also mentioned I sit and watch films two hours at a time - when I said I don't watch much TV and tend to listen to music.

Nothing in this doctors report is true or is a twisted version of what I said.

I've got a copy of the appeals guide so will go through that thoroughly - but just wanted to let off steam!
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Steve Donnison. Reason: Remove sentence which breached guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid